TeleHealth involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. TeleHealth services also include remote monitoring, tele-pharmacy, prescription refills, appointment scheduling, regional health information sharing, and non-clinical services, such as education programs, administration, and public health. HHPL services may include provision of primary care practitioners, specialists, and/or subspecialists. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any combination of the following: (1) patient medical records; (2) medical images; (3) live two-way audio and video; (4) interactive audio; and (5) output data from medical devices and sound and video files.
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
- Expected Benefits
- Improved access to medical care by enabling you to remain in your local site (i.e. home) while the provider consults and obtains test results at distant/other sites.
- More efficient medical evaluation and management.
- Obtaining expertise of a specialist.
- Possible Risks
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment and technologies.
- In rare events, the provider may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality, thus necessitating a rescheduled teleHealth consult or a face-to-face meeting with your local doctor.
- In very rare events, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information.
- Terms and Conditions
By checking the box associated with "Informed Consent", you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I hereby consent to receiving HHPL's services via teleHealth technologies. I understand that HHPL and its consulting providers offer teleHealth services, but that these services do not replace the relationship between my primary care doctor and me. I also understand it is up to HHPL to determine whether or not my needs are appropriate for a teleHealth encounter.
- I have been given an opportunity at the time of registration to provide my medical history and informed and provided to HHPL all relevant information/reports relating to my health conditions, allergies, reactions and previous medical history by uploading to the same in the manner required by HHPL.
- I have been given an opportunity to select a consulting provider from HHPL prior to the consult, including a review of the consulting provider's credentials.
- I understand that federal and provincial law requires health care providers to protect the privacy and the security of health information. I understand that HHPL will take steps to make sure that my health information is not seen by anyone. I understand that teleHealth may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of city, province or country.
- I understand there is a risk of technical failures during the teleHealth encounter beyond the control of HHPL. I agree to hold harmless HHPL for delays in evaluation or for information lost due to such technical failures.
- I understand,I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of teleHealth in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment. I understand that I may suspend or terminate access to the service at any time for any reason or for no reason.
- I understand that if I am experiencing a medical emergency, that I will be directed to dial 1122 or local emergency no. immediately and that the HHPL health service specialists are not able to connect me directly to any local emergency services.
- I understand the alternatives to teleHealth consultation, such as in-person services are available to me, and in choosing to participate in a teleHealth consultation, I understand that some parts of the services involving physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the direction of HHPL consulting healthcare provider (e.g. labs or blood work).
- I understand video images and audio recordings of me may be captured and stored electronically. I understand that these recordings may be later viewed and used after anonymizing, for purposes of evaluation and training, which may include HHPL non-physician personnel and students. I understand and consent to the use of these images and audio recordings for the teleHealth consultation, evaluation, education and training.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of teleHealth in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Persons may be present during the consultation other than HHPL provider in order to operate the teleHealth technologies. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my medical history/examination that are personally sensitive to me; (2) ask non-medical personnel to leave the teleHealth examination; and/or (3) terminate the consultation at any time.
- I understand that I will not be prescribed any Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan controlled substances nor is there any guarantee that I will be given a prescription at all.
- I understand that if I participate in a consultation, that I have the right to request a copy of my medical records, which will be provided to me at a reasonable cost of preparation, shipping and delivery.
- I understand that in the event of any problem with the website or related services, I agree that my sole remedy is to cease using the website or terminate access to the service. Under no circumstances will HHPL be liable in any way for the use of the teleHealth services, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in content or infringement by any content on the website of any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, or for any losses or damages of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of the use of, inability to use, or the results of use of the website, and any website linked to the website, or the materials or information contained on any or all such websites. I agree that I will not hold HHPL liable for any punitive, exemplary, consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages (including, without limitation, any personal injury, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on my computer or otherwise) arising from or in connection with your use of the website whether under a theory of breach of contract, negligence, strict liability, malpractice or otherwise, even if we or they have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- I understand that HHPL makes no representation that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in any other location. I understand that if I access these services from a location outside of Pakistan, that I do so at my own risk and initiative and that I am ultimately responsible for compliance with any laws or regulations associated with my use.
- I may be referred by HHPL to nearby hospital keeping in view seriousness and gravity of the symptoms of illness.
- I fully understand and acknowledge that HHPL does not provide medical emergency services.
- HHPL may provide me login ID/number for future reference and record. Further, on successive login to the website of HHPL for availing medical services from HHPL I hereby, confirm to abide by terms and conditions of this consent without formally signing and accepting the same every time I login and avail medical services from HHPL. I hereby, further confirm and undertake that I shall not share/provide login ID/number allotted to me by HHPL with in any person in any manner whatsoever. In case of use of my login ID/number by any person other than me, HHPL shall not be held responsible under this agreement.
- I understand that I need to use the computer equipment with reasonable processing power and audio and video capability for the medical consultation to take place. Following are the minimum requirements for hardware:
- Processor - Pentium 4 or better.
- RAM – minimum 512MB of RAM.
- Monitor - Minimum 1024x768 Resolution Monitor at 32 bit color depth
- Video camera resolution for consultation - minimum 800x600 pixels
- Video camera resolution for remote imaging - minimum 1920x1024 pixels
- Web browser, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari
- I understand that I need to be on a broadband network with a minimum speed of 1Mbps for the consultation to take place
- I understand that I will be charged for a consultation session in the event that I schedule a consultation but fail to attend the session.
I understand and agree that ensuring physical privacy on my end of the session is my responsibility